Properly designed and installed hydronic heating will provide years of incomparable comfort in homes and commercial buildings. The water inside circulates in a "close loop system" meaning it's a sealed system under pressure at 12 to 15 psi. During the heating season the water gets constantly heated. Many hydronic systems are designed and installed with an indirect water tank to supply the domestic hot water as well. In this case the indirect tank would replace your conventional hot water tank and provide you with a much faster recovery rate. At MICA Energy Solutions inc. we design our own hydronic systems to be very efficient, specific to our customers needs and we use high quality materials. The main advantages of a hydronic heating system are:
- - Excellent comfort
- - Out of sight installation: giving you more head room especially in your basement.
- - Clean heating: dust, bacteria and allergens will not be circulating around the house like in a forced air system.
- - It is a very quiet operating system
- - It can be zoned
- - Dose not cause air stratification
- - It has constant hot water
- - It is a very cost efficient system: 10 times less heat loss from piping when compared to duct.
As for the heating source, almost all hydronic systems use a boiler with an optional indirect tank.